Acquired By The Borg
by dervish on Jul.06, 2009, under Hacker
So, your company has been acquired. If climbing inside an escape pod and jettisoning your self into deep space is not an option, here is a list of things to expect:
- An order will be made to lower your firewalls and surrender your servers.
- You will be assimilated. Resistance will only slow the process down.
- Assimilation is a means of adding or replacing spent drones.
- The Borg have no feeling, no emotion, no individual thought.
- Each Borg is part of a giant subspace communications network called Exchange Server.
- All communication is transmitted to the entire Collective via a process entitled Carbon Copy.
- Your present function and title is irrelevant.
- Strength is irrelevant.
- Negotiation is irrelevant.
- Freedom is irrelevant.
- Self-determination is irrelevant.
- Your life as it had been is over.
- From this time forward, you will service them.
- Your culture will adapt to service them.
- They will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to their own.
- Resistance is, and always has been, futile.
- You will become one with the Borg.
No comments for this entry yet...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.