Linux VMware Workstation Slow Mouse/Menu Draw
by dervish on May.30, 2013, under Linux, VMware
Older PCs running Linux within VMware Workstation may have slow mouse movements and GUI screen/menu draws.
Disable “Accelerate 3D graphics” under
VM -> Settings -> Hardware -> Display -> 3D graphics
No comments for this entry yet...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I remember saying once to Arthur Koestler, 'History stopped in 1936', at which he nodded in immediate understanding. We were both thinking of totalitarianism in general, but more particularly of the Spanish civil war. Early in life I have noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper, but in Spain, for the first time, I saw newspaper reports which did not bear any relation to the facts, not even the relationship which is implied in an ordinary lie. I saw great battles reported where there had been no fighting, and complete silence where hundreds of men had been killed. I saw troops who had fought bravely denounced as cowards and traitors, and others who had never seen a shot fired hailed as the heroes of imaginary victories; and I saw newspapers in London retailing these lies and eager intellectuals building emotional superstructures over events that had never happened. I saw, in fact, history being written not in terms of what happened but of what ought to have happened according to various 'party lines'.
~ George Orwell (Looking Back On The Spanish War)
- digest | Tech teams-up: artificial intelligence for football « Kurzweil
- EU regulators want 5 years of smartphone parts, much better batteries | Ars Technica
- Report: ARM is for sale and Nvidia’s interested, Apple isn’t | Ars Technica
- Amazon is laying off another 9,000 workers | Ars Technica
- Researchers achieve fusion energy record « Kurzweil
- Pixel 7 Pro review: Still the best Android phone you can buy | Ars Technica
- event | Paradigm Shift Summit « Kurzweil
- special reading from Transcend « Kurzweil
- Framework gives its modular laptops 13th-gen Intel CPUs and (finally) an AMD option | Ars Technica
- Thanks to AI, it’s probably time to take your photos off the Internet | Ars Technica
- book | the Synthetic Age « Kurzweil
- essay | Testing if artificial intelligence has become self-aware « Kurzweil
- AI software with social skills teaches humans to collaborate « Kurzweil
- digest | A connection between digital lifestyle + depression « Kurzweil
- Switch OLED review: Nintendo’s nicest, most nonessential upgrade yet | Ars Technica
Browse by tagsiOS
- Red Hat
- Snow Leopard